Ehlers-Danlos mama trying not to twist things up *too* much!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Intro

I used to write.

A few years ago, I overheard my brother telling a story. It went something like this:

"As a kid, Xan had an old school mac. By the age of 8, she had completely filled the hard drive with Word documents."

True. I was sort of a lonely kid, I guess.

Over the years, things became more complicated and my writing, which had also been fairly introspective, became too emotionally painful. I gave it up entirely a few years ago.

I'm not looking to make money. Heck, I'm not even looking for fame. On some level, I'm looking for a connection to the outside world, which is hard to maintain as a person with a disability and a parent. I have major blog-envy--there are a few blogs I've been reading on and off for the last year and I wish I had the sort of following they did. Of course, it would help to write!

So here's my start. Nothing glamorous. I'm Xan. I have 4 wonderful children and another in heaven. My little girl, "Puggles" is facing some major medical challenges. As though that wasn't enough, I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder that gifted me with faulty collagen, unnatural flexibility and chronically painful, unstable joints. I'm booked for surgery #5 on my right shoulder this week, so I should have some time to devote to blogging while I recover.

Well, that's all the fingers will allow for now.

Thanks for reading!

X.

No comments:

Post a Comment